Applications are currently been submitted for the ROTA’s 10th Annual Youth Empowerment Conference in Qatar 2018, eligible persons are welcome to apply foregone the deadline as stated.
Type: Youth Conference
Eligible countries: All
To be Taken in: Qatar
enue: Hamad Bin Khalifa University – Student Center Education City ( TBC )
EMPOWER 2018 The three days event includes a combination of seminar panel discussion, keynote speeches, small group workshops, seminars, off-site activities, exhibition, social programme and youth artistic expression.
Since 2009, EMPOWER has developed a reputation for being the first youth led conference to focus on equipping young people in Qatar to take active roles in building their communities and having a voice on global issues.
Every year the conference intends to create a platform for a larger number of students to learn and engage in ROTA’s youth development program in Qatar. After the success of previous EMPOWERs, we opened the conference to the Region and youth from international countries. The conference addresses a variety of issues related Sustainable Development and will focus this year on Youth and Effective Citizenship.
The Conference Objectives are to:
- Promote better understanding of youth leadership, service learning and greater awareness of global issues among 450 youth between the ages of 16-32 in Qatar and the region.
- Provide opportunities for 450 youth to develop their skills, knowledge and attitudes to take on leadership roles which support ROTA strategies.
- Create a platform for 450 youth to discover their voice and realize their ability to make a positive contribution in society to support Qatar 2030 on youth development.
- Facilitate a forum for exchange of ideas, projects and reflections that address local needs and global issues.
- Awareness creation on the EMPOWER theme.
- Type of provided sponsorship:
- 1. Full Sponsorship includes: Flight, Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.2. Partial Sponsorship includes: Accommodation, Meals and Ground Transportation related to the conference programme only.
- For international participants it is only for 18- 32 years old.
- A maximum of 70 seats will be provided to International participants for this event.
- After the screening of the applications the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via e-mail starting from 9 January 2018.
- Announcement of selected International participants will start from 9 January 2018 onwards.
- Approved international participants will be requested via e-mail to apply and complete an online registration form for the workshops and offsite visits in order to complete their registration process after the 2nd week of March 2018.
- All selected participants are required to sign a Code of Conduct in order to issue their visa applications which must be complete in clear hand writing and uploaded on this application. Original copy of the Code of Conduct must be submitted by hand on the first day of the conference to the registration team.
- Further information will be provided to all participants via e-mail after the 1st week of March 2018 and with the completion of phase one of the registration process about the accommodation, event participation guidelines and other important information.
- Failure to complete and provide any of the required information will prevent the candidate’s chance in attending this conference.
- Please include write your full name as mentioned in the Passport/ID.
- For Visa applications please make sure your passport has more than 6 months validity and include a clear copy of the passport required pages and photo.
- All visas applications will be done through our team. Should your visa be rejected by the Qatar Ministry of Foreign Affairs your application acceptance will automatically be canceled.
- Please note that the Name will be written on the Participation Certificate based on this application form with no amendments to be done afterwards.
- Participation Certificates shall be granted by the end of day 3 via e-mail after the closing ceremony with the confirmation of full attendance of all sessions and the completion of all required surveys only. (Soft copies only not printed)
- No Certificates will be provided afterwards if the participants failed to receive it by the end of the event via e-mail.
- The unsuccessful applications shall receive an automated reply one week maximum prior to the event, wishing them a better opportunity in attending next year’s edition.
Application Deadline: 2nd week of January 2018.
For More Information: