Are you passionate about women’s leadership? Here’s an opportunity to rub minds with women of like interest. The Canada Global Change Leaders Program in 2022 is organized by the Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership. It brings women leaders from different nationalities together to learn real-life experiences in the COADY thematic areas.
Learn how to apply for the seven-week Global Change Leaders Program in Alaska, Canada in 2022.
The Global Change Leaders Program is a fully-funded program that provides successful candidates with a Coady international institute scholarship 2022 that includes Tuition, Travel, Accommodations, and Meals. Successful participants are responsible for costs pertaining to acquiring a visa to enter Canada.
The aim of the program is to bring women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and change in their organizations and communities.
Therefore, this article will provide you with the necessary details you need to attend the Global Change Leaders Program 202.
About The Global Change Leaders Program 2022
Established in 2011, the Global Change Leaders Program is, basically, a seven-week education program offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership.
This program enables women from developing countries to strengthen their leadership capacities in order to contribute to innovation and also, change in their organizations and communities.
Basically, program participants engage in learning grounded in real-world experiences and focused on Coady’s core thematic areas.
Through a shared learning environment with other emerging women leaders from around the world, participants are exposed to a range of experiences, as well as, the beginnings of a potentially lifelong network of support.
What Does One Benefit From Attending The Global Change Leaders Program? | Program Worth
This is a fully-funded conference, which means everything you need to attend the conference has been taken care of.
In addition, the Global Change Leaders program provides successful candidates with a scholarship that includes tuition, travel, accommodations, and meals.
However, successful participants are responsible for costs pertaining to acquiring a visa to enter Canada.
Who Can Apply For The Global Change Leaders Program? | Eligibility
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience.
- Have strong oral and written English language competencies.
- Possess a leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavour in sectors such as livelihoods or inclusive economic development, food security, environment, access to education and healthcare, governance, political engagement of women and the rights of girls and women.
- Will be immediately returning to their community and sector following the program to put their learning into practice;
- Have a great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;·
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community-based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business.
Level/Field of Study
The Facebook Global Challenge is available to students of all levels. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
The global change leaders program 2022 is hosted in Canada. Check out other scholarships you can apply for in 2022 to study in Europe, Africa, Asia, America, etc.
If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for you; Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
The conference is open to International applicants. If you are an international student looking for a scholarship to Study Abroad, you can check out our Study Abroad scholarships available for international students.
Program Schedule and Components
The Global Change Leaders Program consists of two main components:
1. June 1 – July 17, annually: A seven-week on-site intensive course at the Coady International Institute in Antigonish, Nova Scotia where a collaborative relationship is fostered among facilitators and participants to draw out lessons and insights from their rich and diverse experiences. This consists of:
- A foundation module, in which participants focus on leadership theories and essential competencies, analysis of gender, citizenship and power, practical understandings of these concepts and their application for women leaders within their own contexts, strengthening capacities for social innovations, partnership building in a multi-stakeholder environment, and enhancing abilities to realize citizen-driven asset-based development.
- A focus on gendered approaches for social, political and economic empowerment and community development, including addressing legitimacy and accountability in governance structures, building resilient communities and strengthening inclusive economies.
- A final module, in which participants articulate an action plan for how they will take their new learning home to provide leadership in their organizations and communities and continue to work towards empowering other women moving forward.
2. September 1, 2021 – February 28, 2022: Participants will benefit from one-on-one mentoring from experienced women leaders upon their return home for up to six months to follow on the application of learning into practice.
Mentors and mentees will be matched during the residency period based on specific needs and geographic locations. Participants will also join a global alumnae network of women leaders.
Global Change Leaders Program 2022 Details
Program Duration: Seven-week education program
Program Dates: June 1 – July 17, annually
Deadline: Not specified