Are you seeking funds to fund your educational materials? If yes, there is good news for you. The new International Master SERP-Chem Scholarship is now available for the duration of two years.
The Master SERP-Chem aims at training young students in the most performing experimental and theoretical tools used and developed in chemistry and physical-chemistry and Material Science.
Since its creation in 2008, the SERP-Chem master has benefited from the support of many partners. Click on the following link to visit our partners.
What You Need To Know About The Erasmus Mundus SERP-Chem Master Scholarships
LEVEL/ FIELD OF STUDY:
Scholarships are available to pursue a Master’s degree program. The International Master SERP-Chem is a two-year program in Surface, Electro, Radiation, and Photo-Chemistry with elements of Management, Business, Innovation and Valorisation, Communication, and Patent law.
The scholarship will take place in an international study program that stems from existing scientific links between participating institutions.
Students enrolled in the two-year program will attend lectures in at least two different countries of their choice.
Available for all nationalities. If you are an international student and you wish to study in the UK, this is for your Complete Guide to Getting A UK Tier 4 Student Visa For International Students.
|Category A scholarship||Category B scholarship|
|I – Contribution to travel, installation, visa and related costs||2000? per year for travel costs + 1000? for installation costs for students whose location is situated at less than 4.000km from the coordinating university (Paris)
3000? per year for travel costs + 1000? for installation costs for students whose location is situated at 4.000km or more from the coordinating university
|II – Contribution to tuition fees||4 800€/year||2 500€/year|
|III – Monthly allowance||1 000€/month||1 000€/month|
|Total amount for 2 years||From 39 600€ to 41 600€||31 000€|
Please note that Category A scholarship holders will receive after arrival the contribution to travel and installation.
Note that the number of applications is limited to three Erasmus Mundus Joint Programs. Students who do not respect this rule will be excluded from the selection for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship.
Erasmus Mundus SERP-Chem Master Scholarships Eligibility
Eligible Countries: European and non-European students.
Category B scholarships are awarded to:
- Students who are nationals of any EU member state
- Candidates who are nationals from Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Turkey, and Macedonia
- Students who have resided or carried out their main activities (studies, work, etc.) in any of the above-mentioned countries for more than 12 months over the past five years
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria
Applicants should have or should be in the process to get a Bachelor’s (BS) degree at the time of the application. The proof of the Bachelor’s degree (diploma or certificate) will be asked when entering the master’s in September.
An applicant with a degree from an institution where the language of instruction is not English is required to provide official score reports from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Other criteria to be taken into account are awards and external references.
If submitted before the deadline your application for the Erasmus Mundus scholarship automatically proceeds together with the admission.
Application to the SERP-Chem program after the deadline of the Erasmus Mundus Scholarship is possible for applicants who are self-financed.
Please note that students already holding a master’s degree can be accepted in the second year of the master’s at the University of Paris-Sud.
The criteria and respective weights are the following:
- 50%: academic workloads (including appropriateness of the curriculum (and diploma) to the present Master, marks and grade in studies),
- home institution ranking (Shanghai ranking and/or CHE), 10%
- 10%: English,
- Recommendation of professionals,10%
- 10%: motivation letter,
- Professional experience.
English Language Requirements: An applicant with a degree from an institution where the language of instruction is not English is required to provide official score reports from either the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). Other criteria to be taken into account are awards and external references.
Erasmus Mundus SERP-Chem Master Scholarships Application Procedure:
To apply to the SERP+ program, please enter your email address in the box below and press the submit button.
You will receive an email from us containing a link to follow in order to fill all the required information for the registration to the SERP+ program.
You will have the opportunity to come back at any time to complete, submit or check the status of your registration.
All documents must be in English. Only certified translations will be accepted. All documents translated to English must come with a copy of the original document.
Original transcripts of records and degree certificates in French, Italian, Portuguese and Polish can be accepted.
All documents must be uploaded in PDF files through the online application form. Documents cannot be sent by post or email.
During the application process, you will be asked to submit the following information:
- Your CV (2 pages maximum) as a PDF file
- A cover letter (motivation letter, 2 pages maximum) as PDF file
- Your grades as PDF file. Upload your grades since the first year of your Bachelor studies(including an explanation of the grading system used at your university). The only official, signed and stamped transcripts of records will be taken into consideration. Student copies or any other non-official documents will be disregarded. If you already hold a Master degree, please upload the grades that you have obtained during both your Bachelor and your Master degrees.
- Bachelor or Master degree diploma/certificate as PDF file(if you already obtained it)
- Passport (or identity card for students from the European Union) as PDF file
- Proof of your place of residency as PDF file. This can be a certificate from your place of study (e.g. a student card), work (e.g. contract), or a residence certificate in accordance with your municipality registration, issued less than 12 months before the application deadline.
- Proof of English proficiency
Please note that an applicant from an institution where the language of instruction is English are not required to provide any official test results.
In that case, you must upload a document certifying it (transcript of records, letter of your institution, etc.). In all other cases, the applicant must provide one of the following tests:
- Paper-Based Test: 550 or higher
- Computer-Based Test: 213 or higher
- Internet-Based Test: 82 or higher
- IELTS: 6.0 points or higher
- Cambridge Certificates: Cambridge English First (FCE), Cambridge English Advanced (CAE), and Cambridge English Proficiency (CPE). If you have any doubt, please contact us before applying.
Erasmus Mundus SERP-Chem Master Scholarships Application Deadline:
The application deadlines are: 15th February, 2022