Female students are invited to apply for the 2022 Google Women Techmakers Scholars Program, Only eligible persons will be considered for this program and all applications must be submitted before the stated deadline
Women Techmakers Scholars will each receive a 7,000 EUR award (or local equivalent) for the 2022 academic year. A group of female undergraduate and graduate students will be chosen from the applicant pool, and scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of each candidate’s academic background and demonstrated leadership.
Through the Google Women Techmakers Scholarship – formerly the Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship Programme – Google is furthering Dr. Anita Borg’s vision of creating gender equality in the field of computer science by encouraging women to excel in computing and technology and become active leaders and role models in the field.
Dr. Anita Borg devoted her adult life to revolutionizing the way we think about technology and dismantling barriers that keep women and minorities from entering computing and technology fields.
She proposed the “50/50 by 2021” initiative so that women earning computing degrees would be 50% of the graduates by the year 2022. However, the percentage of Computer Science degrees earned by women is still far from 50% throughout the world.
As part of Google’s ongoing commitment to furthering Anita’s vision, Google is proud to honor Anita’s memory and support women in technology with the Women Techmakers Scholars Program (formerly the Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship).
Through the Women Techmakers scholarship, Google aims to encourage women to excel in computing and technology and become active role models and leaders.
Why Google Women Techmakers Scholars Program?
All Women Techmakers scholarship recipients will be invited to attend the annual Women Techmakers Scholars’ Retreat in summer 2022 to connect with fellow scholars, network with Googlers, and participate in a number of workshops. The Program is one that opens doors to many Opportunities for Female Computer scientists to boost her career.
Level/Field of Study:
Scholarships are available to study Undergraduate, Masters, Ph.D. programs in the following fields Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or a closely related technical ﬁeld (STEM – Science Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics).
The scholarship is being taken in Universities in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. If you’re found in any of the Categories of Female Students, Congratulations as you’re set to apply for the Scholarship.
This scholarship is available for Women from Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. Read also if you wish to study outside your home country Simple and Detailed Answers about Applying and Winning a Scholarship.
- The scholarship recipients will each receive a €7,000 (or equivalent) scholarship.
- A retreat opportunity to connect with fellow scholars and Google mentors, while participating in professional and personal development training and workshops.
- An online network with fellow scholars program participants designed to share resources, support the global community of women in tech and collaborate on projects to make continued impact.
Who is Eligible for the Google Women Techmakers Scholarship?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Currently, be enrolled at an accredited university for the 2022 academic year
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time or part-time student in a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Ph.D. program at a university in Europe, the Middle East or Africa for the 2022 academic year
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, informatics or a closely related technical ﬁeld
- Demonstrate a strong academic record
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for increasing the involvement of women in Computer Science
Selection Criteria: Multiple scholarships will be awarded based on the strength of candidates’ academic performance, leadership experience, and demonstrated passion for computer science.
How to Apply For The Google Women Techmakers Scholarship
- The Women Techmakers Scholarship is a one-time scholarship. While past applicants and finalists are encouraged to reapply, unfortunately, past recipients of any Google scholarship, including the Women Techmakers Scholarship and Google Anita Borg Memorial Scholarship, are not eligible to apply. Complete the online application and submit all requested documents by 6th December 2022. The following application documents must be in English.
- General background information (includes contact information and information about your current and intended institutions)
- Current resume
- Academic transcripts from your current and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- One letter of reference from a professor, instructor, adviser, or supervisor
- Responses to five essay questions Visit Scholarship Webpage for Details Sponsors: Google
Unfortunately, the application for this program is closed. However, when available, the application ends annually on 5 December 2022 at 11:59 pm GMT.
WE ALSO RECOMMEND
We hope this writing provided your scholarship necessities. Please share with your friends and leave your question or response in the comment box for us to serve you better.