The Bill 7 award LGBTQ scholarship is provided by Bill 7 award. It is a non-renewable scholarship that is worth 2 500 dollars. It is granted to 10 students every year. Application forms are available every year from early April. Official scholarship link: https://bill7award.ca/apply/
Over the years, the Bill 7 Award as a registered charitable trust has awarded scholarships to gay, lesbian, bisexual, trans, two-spirited and queer students who are in financial need and studying at any post-secondary institution in Ontario to attain their first degree or diploma.
This post provides you with detailed information about Bill 7 Award scholarship and how you can successfully apply. You can scroll the table of content below to get an overview of all this post entails.
About BILL 7 AWARD SCHOLARSHIP
The Bill 7 award is worth 2 500 dollars per recipient. The Bill 7 award Scholarship is awarded to ten students every year.
Level/Field of Study
The award is available for any field of study in a post-secondary institution. The award is used for studies in post-secondary institutions.
The Scholarship is hosted in Canada.
The Scholarship is only designed for Students in Canada.
Criteria for Eligibility for the Bill 7 award LGBTQ Scholarship
Applicants for the Bill 7 Award scholarship must have met all the requirements given below in order to be considered for the scholarship.
- Applicants must be already enrolled or already accepted by a Post-Secondary Educational Institution in Ontario.
- Must demonstrate clear financial needs.
- Applicants must be doing the post-secondary program of study for the first time.
- Applicant must be identified as lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, transgender, two-spirited, or queer (LGBTQ)
Important dates for the application of Bill 7 Award LGBTQ scholarship 2022:
- Applications forms are made available for applicants on the official scholarship website in early April.
- The deadline for submission of the applications will be announced next year April
- Successful candidates are notified of their success in late September yearly
- The ceremony of the presentation is held in early November yearly.
The application includes an application form and a number of other documents as listed below. The application form can be found on the official website of the Bill 7 Award LGBTQ scholarship (https://bill7award.ca/apply/)
Application forms are required to be submitted after completion alongside other documents as listed below.
- Proof of acceptance or enrolment in a post-secondary institution. This proof could be a copy of the confirmation of your offer of acceptance, a copy of your registration in the program, proof of payment of your tuition fees, or a copy of your offer of admission. If an applicant s selected as a recipient, the applicant must provide proof of active enrolment in his program before the award is granted.
- A copy of the estimate from OSAP where applicable.
- Letter of reference. This letter is required to indicate how long the signatory has known the applicant and in what context and also explain why the applicant should be granted the award. It can be written by either a teacher, guidance counselor, coach, employer, community or social worker, doctor, religious leader or similar professional who can support the applicant’s application.
- A personal statement of no more than 250 words. This personal statement should detail why the applicant should be selected for the Bill 7 award and/or any other necessary information an applicant feels would make such an applicant more deserving for the scholarship for instance experiences of discrimination, children, family, disabilities, living situation, relationships geographic context, etc. It is an edge to include how the study or future work would help the LGBTQ community.
These application documents should be uploaded in either of these document file formats: .pdf, .doc or .txt format.
This scholarship scheme is a form of financial aid to students with legal residency in the United States for their college education. The award is worth prizes in the form of cash to selected candidates.
It involves getting fifty votes online from friends which enables you to submit a video to inspire more fans. Winners are awarded cash prizes. Official scholarship website: www.drpeppertuition.com
VALUE OF AWARD
The scholarship award is worth sixteen grand prizes, (3 184 dollars, 3 241 dollars, 2 999 dollars, and 2 912 dollars) one for each Grand Prize Game an opportunity to compete for:
- Four awards worth 100 000 dollars for tuition prizes of which one is at each Grand Prize Game.
- Four runners-up prizes worth 20 000 dollars as tuition awards.
- Eight consolation prizes worth 2 500 dollars as tuition awards.
Number of Awards
There are 16 awards given for the Dr. Pepper Tuition Scholarship. Four winner prizes, four runner-up prizes, and eight consolation prizes.
- The applicant must be a legal resident candidate of the United States of America in one of the eligible states
- Applicant’s age must range between 18 and 24
The application process for Dr. Pepper’s tuition give away is quite as easy as outlined below:
- First off, the applicant must have an active Facebook account.
- Make sure that the profile of the applicant is filled out properly indicating the applicant’s current city, university, and the major of the applicant. Then, connect to the server and authorize the Dr. Pepper Tuition Giveaway application.
- The applicant then goes further by creating a goal. This is done by answering the ‘Tell us how you will change the world in 350 characters or less’ question. This goal can be modified until it gets locked.
- The applicant then needs to invite his friends to vote for his answer. The goal gets locked when the answer has got fifty votes on it. Then, it is no longer open for modification or change.
- When the applicant’s vote count reaches 50, the applicant is automatically invited to upload and submit a video record of themselves. This video record should contain their demonstration of why they deserve to be Tuition Contestants in the Dr. Pepper’s Tuition Giveaway Award program. (NB: please, kindly ensure that the video is submitted before the deadline of Tuition Video Submission Date.)
Requirements for the video to be uploaded:
- The video must be done in the English language and must be the original work of the applicant.
- The videos must be of good quality and suitable for publication.
- Must not be more than one minute in length.
- The video must not be more than 50 MB in size.
- The video must be in one of the following file formats; .mov, .wmv, mpeg, .avi, .mp4, or .mpg.
The 2022 Application will be available in early April, 2022.
The Bill 7 Award Scholarships can be Processed at the
Bill 7 Award
C/o Supporting our Youth, Sherbourne Health Centre
33 Sherbourne Street, Toronto, Ontario,
M5A 2S5, Canada, Contact
Email: [email protected]