Video editing software has recently supplanted traditional celluloid film editing tools and analog video editing devices.
However, in the production of a film or an animated series, there is a sophisticated procedure known as post-production that is not easy to grasp due to the numerous complications involved. Fortunately, there are numerous video editing courses online available to you.
The following is a list of the best video editing courses online to help you learn more about this topic.
Video editing is the process of rearranging different shots and sequences to generate a completely new output.
It is also the process of assembling, editing, and completing a video for presentation or output. It is most commonly used to describe post-production work, which is the work done after all of the shots and video have been captured and all that remains is to put them together to create the final result.
Career Options for Video Editors
There are a plethora of career prospects for video editors, there are freelancing video editing jobs everywhere, and many businesses now rely on video to sell their products in this digital age.
Here are some of the most common job paths in the realm of video editing:
Freelance video editor
A freelance video editor can work from anywhere and at any time. He can find work everywhere, including freelance websites and even in his own neighborhood.
Works on feature-length movies, ensuring that the film adheres to the creative vision of the filmmaker. Assembles clips in a sequence, editing the footage together and building the tale.
TV Studio Editor
Much of the work done in a TV studio involves making things happen in real-time. Focuses on camera switching, overlay graphics, and other visuals that assist live broadcast viewers experience the show.
Web Video Editor
Creates short-form videos for online distribution. You can deal with an infinite number of clients and subject matters, which can change from week to week.
Designs motion graphics and adds finishing touches to works. In addition to the standard video editing platforms, they are proficient in effects packages such as Adobe After Effects.
A specialized editing position that focuses on perfecting color and other visual settings to give the production a coherent, professional look.
Best Video Editing Courses Online To Take In 2022
1. The Complete Video Production Bootcamp (Udemy)
This course is specifically designed to teach you how to edit and modify videos professionally. Whether you are a beginner video producer, blogger, or business owner, this curriculum will teach you the ins and outs of the industry from the ground up. Investigate specific cameras, styles, and creative concepts, as well as how to put them into production.
Along with this, you will learn how to distribute your work to a diverse audience and generate notices. The classes will provide you with a complete understanding of the necessary equipment and processes for the construction of a high-quality project. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
- · Create original and enticing content ideas and create better images to express your narrative.
- · A professional camera is not required, you may follow along with the tutorials and work with a smartphone or webcam just fine.
- · A plethora of well-explained tasks and tests aid in the clarification of topics.
- · This certification is appropriate for both complete novices and those with some past expertise in this skill.
- · Increase your social media views and likes, and export your best quality work.
- · In addition to the videos, other materials such as direct feedback from instructors, downloadable manuals, and case studies are accessible.
- · 9 hours in length
2. Premiere Pro CC for Beginners: Video Editing Class in Premiere (Udemy)
Nowadays, video editing is one of the most in-demand abilities. So, if you want to learn how to professionally edit videos, this is the place to be. Learn how to edit a film from start to finish using exact approaches, how to find the right setup, how to add motion, and much more.
This curriculum ensures that you get the confidence to go freelancing or apply for suitable positions by giving you hands-on work and expert advice. With over 86,000 students enrolled, this course is worth a shot. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
- l Begin a project with the appropriate settings and configurations based on the requirements.
- l Create clean and professional titles for your videos, add emotion with color grading, and use visual effects among many other effects.
- l Possibility to practice abilities by completing assignments and exams.
- l Discover how to edit green screen footage and add a professional-looking background.
- l Using the provided footage, create a one-minute documentary using audio and visual transitions.
- l Affordably priced on the e-learning portal Udemy.
- l 5 hours in length.
3. Learning Final Cut Pro X – Video Editing Course (Udemy)
The course is intended to help you become acquainted with Final Cut Pro X on the Maverick operating system. Begin the sessions by learning about the user interface and useful shortcuts before going on to importing various types of material from various storage devices.
Examine the editing fundamentals as well as the organization of clips and material. After you’ve mastered the fundamentals, the instructor will lead you through more complex concepts such as keyframes and compound clips. By the end of the lessons, you should be able to stand out in a crowd and get your work out there. This is one of the best video editing courses online.
- · There are no prerequisites for taking the class, and it can be taken by anyone with any level of knowledge in this sector.
- · The lessons are intended to provide detailed guidance to assist you in starting from scratch.
- · This course contains the most up-to-date best practices, hints, shortcuts, and newly created tasks.
- · The lectures will help you develop your editing skills, which will be useful if you want to become a professional or start a freelance business.
- · Unlimited access for life + 114 lectures + 1 article + 1 downloadable resource
- · 5 hours in length
4. Adobe Premiere Pro CC: Adobe Premiere Pro Video Editing (Udemy)
One of the best video editing courses online. Adobe Premiere Pro is a fantastic tool for editing and creating captivating videos. If you want to learn how to use this utility in a step-by-step manner, this Udemy course will assist you.
This course will provide you with an overview of Adobe Premiere Pro and how to utilize it efficiently. You will learn how to edit the interview and create a montage that tells a compelling story. After completing this course, you will be able to run and operate Adobe Premiere Pro in 45 minutes.
- · Learn how to import and organize your media while also learning different strategies that will allow you to customize your workflow.
- · Takes you through a step-by-step full post-production procedure to help you become an excellent video editor and advance your career.
- · Learn how to use all of the editing tools in Premiere Pro CC, as well as how to use the editing monitors.
- · Understand the Lumetri Scopes while learning about the color correction process from start to end.
- · 9-10 hours in length
5. Video Editing in DaVinci Resolve 16/17: Beginner to Advanced (Udemy)
This is yet another amazing training from Louay Zambarakji, a motion graphics, and video editing professional. The teacher will guide you through this course as you learn about DaVinci Resolve, a free professional video editing application used by professional video creators.
It is primarily intended for beginners to provide a road to a career in video editing, thus you do not require any prior video editing skills in DaVinci Resolve.
You will study everything from video editing to visual effects to motion graphics during the classes. After finishing the course, you’ll be able to make your own video using music, images, text, and a few transitions. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
- · Commit to creating and editing interesting and compelling videos.
- · Discover how to utilize DaVinci Resolve. Resolve to create videos from the ground up, complete with realistic motion graphics and music.
- · Discover how to use DaVinci Resolve’s various tools to apply effects to videos, color correct them accurately, and color grade them.
- · Understand how to operate with various types of Nodes, including Serial, Layer, Parallel, and Combiner/Splitter nodes.
- · 10-11 hours in length
6. Top Video Editing Courses (Udemy)
This collection of courses can be useful if you work in video editing or graphic design. Udemy offers a variety of courses and tutorials to help people understand the fundamentals and essential principles of video editing with complex tools.
With step-by-step instruction and practical advice, you’ll learn how to edit videos with Adobe Premiere Pro. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
Premiere Pro CC for Beginners, Video Editing in DaVinci Resolve 17, and Advanced Video Editing in Adobe Premiere Pro are the most popular and highly rated courses on the list. Furthermore, each course can be done from the convenience of your own home, with full access to the study materials.
- · Learn how to use video editing software such as Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, and Power Director.
- · Discover new techniques and best practices for capturing and editing footage from various camera types.
- · Understand how to use the professional program DaVinci Resolve for color correction, grading, and visual effects.
- · Be able to produce a demo reel that ranges from 1 minute to 4/5 minutes in length and use the editing features in Premiere Pro CC professionally.
- · Variable duration
7. Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2021: Video Editing for Beginners (Udemy)
This course might be your one-stop shop for learning and understanding the Adobe Premiere Pro video editing tool. Joining this learning program will assist you in learning how to start your video editing career with Adobe Premiere Pro while grasping the key fundamentals. Brad Newton, a fitness and travel adventure Vlogger who rose to prominence by learning various video editing techniques, created the course. At the end of the curriculum, you’ll get the opportunity to work on two large projects that will put your newly acquired knowledge and comprehension of the tool to the test. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
- · An excellent course for beginners and intermediates who want to learn how to edit amazing videos for YouTube or other social media platforms using Adobe Premiere Pro.
- · Go over a range of topics to help you learn how Adobe Premiere Pro works, such as launching your first amazing project, keyboard shortcuts for rapid editing, and so on.
- · Discover how to fade music and video in and out, the fundamentals of editing to music rhythms, the use of sound effects, and the use of jump cuts and zoom cuts.
- · Learn about various great effects for making your movies awesome, such as adding film grain for a vintage cinema book, recording perfect voice-overs, and so on.
- · 14-15 hours in length
8. Become an iMovie Master – Create Amazing Movies Today (Udemy)
iMovie is a basic video editing program that content creators use to share interesting videos on social media. This course may be the quickest and easiest way for you to learn iMovie editing from basic to advanced levels.
Steve Burnich, the course instructor, will guide you through the classes using step-by-step video lessons to learn about various iMovie functionalities. The training includes practice media exercises that you will complete after each class.
After completing the curriculum, you will be able to run and utilize iMovie as a professional for editing several videos in a short amount of time. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
- · Get a quick overview of the iMovie application and see how it can help you create and edit various videos for all platforms.
- · Discover how to rapidly import media files, such as films, images, and audios, into the iMovie application and edit them.
- · Have the option to make a short film using videos, texts, photographs, music, sound effects, and voice-overs.
- · Delve deeper into complex video editing topics like color correction, dealing with green screen material, and much more.
- · Includes a 30-day money-back guarantee if you do not find the course useful.
- · Time required: 2-3 hours
9. Smartphone Video for Beginners – Mobile Video Editing Course (Udemy)
One of the best video editing courses online. This masterclass, created by one of Udemy’s bestselling teachers, Robb Montgomery, will teach you the principles of video editing and how to create a beautiful video tale using any smartphone.
Every month, the course is updated to include new case studies and video project activities. Completing this masterclass will teach you the craft of filmmaking in sufficient technical detail to produce high-quality output.
Throughout the video sessions, you’ll also work on a variety of projects that will help you better understand video editing for various smartphones, including Android and iOS. If you don’t find the course content useful, you can get your money back within 30 days.
- · A complete masterclass designed to teach you the foundations of smartphone video creation and editing.
- · Discover how to successfully plan, develop, and execute a smartphone video production from start to finish.
- · Learn how to use several video editing programs that can be downloaded for free from the Play Store or App Store.
- · Learn how different videos function differently on different platforms while also learning the basic procedures for editing videos on smartphones.
- · Time required: 4-5 hours
10. Powerful Tools for Teaching and Learning: Digital Storytelling (Coursera)
Storytelling is as much a command of digital graphics as it is of audio. To effectively transmit your message to your target audience, you must master storytelling skills. To compete in the tech industry, it is necessary to know how to edit a video from beginning to end professionally.
This course has been intended to teach students about digital storytelling uniquely and innovatively to sharpen their skills and broaden their understanding of the subject. The course is a very basic module on video editing, but it presents video editing to students thoroughly and intensively. It is one of the best video editing courses online.
- · The course teaches the fundamentals of all the components needed to create a compelling and inspiring digital story.
- · Participants will be permitted to utilize a video editing program that is available for free.
- · The course covers several important foundational subjects in video editing.
Frequently Asked Question
What is basic video editing?
The technique of modifying and rearranging video clips to create a new piece is known as video editing.
Is it possible for me to learn video editing on my own?
There are a plethora of excellent video editing tools available. Finding a program that you like is simple; finding the time to learn how to use one is much more difficult.
Is video editing a viable professional path?
Becoming a video editor is a fantastic career. There are numerous opportunities accessible, and more inventive concepts are constantly on the horizon. Being in an evergreen business is a solid marker of a good job decision.
How can I learn to edit YouTube videos?
Choose a video editing program. You use the application to combine multiple shots into a single video file that you can then submit to YouTube.
Video editing is vital in today’s society since it is the key to merging visuals and sounds to make us feel emotionally engaged and, at times, actually present in the film we’re viewing.
Also, video editing is a lucrative career as well as a helpful talent for personal use. Outside of professional work, video editing skills can be applied to personal projects ranging from family gatherings to sporting events captured on tape, with editing skills allowing you to share higher-quality creations.