White hat also called Ethical hacking is one of the top three in the market today. Enrolling on one of the best ethical hacking courses in 2022 will give you an opportunity to harness this opportunity.
Passing a 6-hour proctored exam based on real-world threat scenarios makes you eligible to join the Ethical Hacking Leaderboard. Joining the EC-Council’s Global Ethical Hacking Leaderboard helps individuals to put their skills to the test.
If you would love a career in ethical hacking, enrolling in one of the best ethical hacking courses discussed in this article will help you get started.
The table of contents below highlights the order in which these ethical hacking courses were discussed.
Which degree is best for hacking?
Ethical hackers are usually pretty good with computers and very conversant with technology. If you intend to choose ethical hacking as a professional career, you should consider a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science.
Also, an advanced diploma in network security or technology-related degrees can get you an entry-level position.
Also Read: Information Technology VS Computer Science | Careers and Salaries
Can a beginner learn ethical hacking?
Yes, a beginner can learn ethical hacking if he is determined and committed to launching a career as an ethical hacker.
Also, if you have the prerequisite, it is very possible to learn ethical hacking on your own. You can take advantage of the plethora of resources available online to begin your journey in ethical hacking.
Platforms like Pentester lab can be of immense help to beginners and advanced learners equally. They offer beginner-friendly tutorials and labs which you can benefit from.
Also Read: 15 Best Cyber Security Schools in the World 2022 | Rankings
Which is best course in ethical hacking?
There are numerous great courses for ethical hacking online. Both beginners, intermediate and advanced courses are available to guide you through the journey.
Basically, the best course in ethical hacking will be dependent on what you want at this point in time. For instance, the best ethical hacking course for a beginner will surely differ from that of one seeking an advanced course in ethical hacking.
Generally, Fundamentals of Computer Hacking on Udemy is considered the best course in ethical hacking. A beginner can also enjoy other courses like Learn Ethical Hacking from Scratch on Udemy and Learn Ethical Hacking Online on LinkedIn.
What is ethical hacker salary?
A number of factors can influence the salary of an ethical hacker. Your location, years of experience and who you work are usually the major determinant.
Top earners in the US earn $173, 000 annually while average earners receive $119,289 annually. Over $145, 000 is paid annually to the 75th percentile and $ 90,500 to the 25th percentile. The figures here are based on data from ziprecruiter.com.
Ethical hacker salary per month ranges from $7, 451 to $14, 416 per month.
17 Best Ethical Hacking Course in 2022
#17. Hacking and Patching Course
This is an ethical hacking course for intermediate learners. This simply means learners must be conversant with hacking before enrolling for this ethical hacking online.
The course is best for individuals who intend to learn the tricks and techniques of hacking web apps using command injection. Learners will acquire knowledge of searching valuable info on Linux systems, depositing, and hiding trojans.
You need approximately 17 hours to complete this course on Coursera. It is the third of 4 courses in the Fundamental of Computer Network Security Specialization.
Edward Chow teaches this course. And, learners will have access to over 20 videos and ten readings covering the following topics.
- Injection Web App – Attacks and Defenses
- Hack SQL Databases
- Patch Web Apps using Injection SQL Vulnerabilities
- Memory defenses and attacks
- Penetration testing
#16. The Complete Ethical Hacking Course: Beginner to Advanced
This ethical course online makes it to our list of best ethical courses because it is all-encompassing, Whether you are a beginner, intermediate or advanced learner, you may need this course.
It covers penetration testing and ethical hacking. You can access this course on Udemy and it’s best for individuals who intend to enhance their skills and expertise in penetration testing and hacking activities.
Students will gain deep insight into securing and protecting networks from data loss and hackers. Interesting, it doesn’t require prior knowledge of the topic. To get started and complete this course you a wireless networking interface card and good internet connectivity.
In 24.5 hours approximately, you will learn the following:
- Building virtual hacking environment
- Breaking Linux passwords
- Kali Linux installation
- Linux basics
- Tor, Nmap, VPN, Proxychains, and Macchanger
- Cracking wifi password
- DoS attacks
- SQL injections
- SLL strip and more.
This is one of the best ethical hacking courses on Coursera. The course teaches the fundamental concepts underlying the construction of a secure system. It covers important aspects like the hardware to the software to the human-computer interface with the use of cryptography to secure interactions.
You need to study at least 2 hours a week to be able to complete this course in 8 months. At the completion of this course, you will earn a shareable certificate. The course consists of the following sub-courses:
- Usable security
- Software security
- Hardware security
- Cybersecurity Capstone Project
Read Also: 15 Best Cyber Security Jobs in the World | 2022
#14. The Complete Ethical Hacker Certification Exam Prep Course
If you show a keen interest in technology, you should enrol on this program. The course gives you room to solidify your foundation in hacking.
It is best for individuals who are interested in mastering ethical hacking and passing the ethical hacker certification exam.
To make the most of the course, you need to have fundamental skills and experience in computers. Also, experience in handling a help desk or system administration work makes the work easier for you.
It takes approximately 16.5 hours to complete and it costs #118.98 The course covers the following areas:
- Technical and business logistics behind penetration testing
- Threats identification
- Internet footprinting
- Cryptography introduction
- Malware protection
- Countermeasures implementation for stopping SQL injections
- Intrusion Detection Systems and Intrusion Prevention System
- Web Application Firewalls
#13. Complete Ethical Hacking BootCamp 2022: Zero to Mastery
This is one of the ethical hacking courses online that requires no programming or hacking knowledge.
The course is designed to teach interested students ethical hacking from scratch. Basically, students will the 5 phases of penetration testing and how to set up their hacking lab. At the end of the course, students must have mastered how to create trojans, viruses, and keyloggers for ethical hacking.
You can enrol for this cost with just $108.98 and learn the following in details:
- Learn how to gain access to any type of machine: Windows/Linux/MacOS
- Sniff passwords over the local area network with Man In The Middle Attacks
- SQL Injection, XSS, Command Injection and other techniques
- Learn how to trick people into opening your program (i.e Social Engineering)
- Learn Advance Metasploit Framework usage
- Master Information Gathering and Footprinting
- Learn Basics of Linux and Linux Terminal
- Learn how to perform Vulnerability Analysis
- Perform advanced scanning of an entire network
- Perform Deauthentication Attack to disconnect everyone from the Wireless Access Point
- Learn Website Application Penetration Testing from scratch
- Learn Advance Nmap Usage
- Code your own Advanced Backdoor that you can use in your Penetration
#12. Cybersecurity Basics: A Hands-on Approach
Within 6 weeks, you can complete this hands on ethical hacking course online if you study for 5-7 hours a week. Basically, you need no prior knowledge of security knowledge although it is for intermediate learners.
There are six lectures in this course. Upon completion, students must have enriched their portfolios by improving expertise in cyber forensics and monitoring cybersecurity attacks.
The course is available on EDX and will be taught by Lorena Gonzalez Manzano, Jose Maria de Fuentes, Pedro Peris-lopes, and Juan E. Tapiador. The course will cover the following topics:
- Cyber security landscape
- Reverse engineering
- Managing and monitoring network cyber security attacks
- Computer forensics
- Malware and advanced persistent threats
- Vulnerability management and pentesting
#11. Penetration Testing and Ethical Hacking Course
Individuals who wish to become a professional cybersecurity experts should enrol for this course now. It is best for individuals who love to learn from high-profile ethical hackers.
The course awards certification to individuals who completes their 19 modules. Although the ethical hacking course is designed for beginners and advanced learners, you need to have limited knowledge of ethical hacking to harness all the benefits accrued to this course.
Leo Dregier will be teaching this course on Cybrary which will cover high-level topics in approximately 23 hours:
- Information Gathering
- Scanning and Enumeration
- Attack and Exploitation
- Vulnerability Identification and Analysis
- PenTest Planning
- Denial of Service
- Sniffing traffic
- Malware Identification and Analysis
- Session Hijacking
- Post Exploitation Hacking
#10. Specialization in Hacking For Beginners
It is one of the best ethical hacking course in 2022. Taught by Hackers Academy, students can learn everything about ethical hacking when they enrol for this course.
It is a certification course for ethical hackers that requires learners have a fundamental knowledge of computers. Interestingly, you do not need any prior knowledge of hacking, Linux or any other programming language.
In approximately 2.5 hours you can complete this beginner course and learn the following:
- IP addresses – introduction
- DNS- detailed overview
- Setting up a lab for hacking practice.
- Port scanning
- Understanding hacking vulnerabilities
- Exploiting weaknesses of the target
#9. Cybersecurity for Managers: A Playbook
Massachusetts Institute of Technology teaches this ethical hacking course. It is designed for decision-makers and executives who seek to elevate their skill levels in handling the work environments while ensuring data security.
People who enrol for this course get a simple playbook that allows executives to create a high-end cybersecurity framework. This is quite important for the security of the business operations.
To maximize the benefit of this course, you need to have technical knowledge of the subject. The course is designed for both intermediate and advanced learners. Learners will complete this course in 6 weeks if they study for 5 -6 hours weekly.
This ethical hacking course teaches the following topics:
- Cybersecurity risk management
- Practical implications of offsets against privacy and security
- Approaches to cybersecurity management
- Decision making for building a robust business landscape
- Vocabulary and language for informed talks with CTO and CISO
#8. IBM Cybersecurity Analyst
IBM Cybersecurity Analyst is an ethical hacking course on Coursera that gets you ready to launch a career in cybersecurity.
People who enrol for this course build job-ready skills for an in-demand role in the field. Interestingly, you do not need any prior degree or experience to get started.
It is an 8-course professional certificate that gives you the necessary technical skills to become job-ready for a Cybersecurity Analyst role.
Learners will gain deep insight into network security, endpoint protection, incident response, threat intelligence, penetration testing and vulnerability assessment.
Below are the 8 intertwined courses you need to get this Professional Certificate:
- Introduction to Cybersecurity Tools & Cyber Attacks
- Cybersecurity Roles, Processes & Operating System Security
- Cybersecurity Compliance Framework & System Administration
- Network Security & Database Vulnerabilities
- Penetration Testing, Incident Response and Forensics
- Cyber Threat Intelligence
- Cybersecurity Capstone: Breach Response Case Studies
- IBM Cybersecurity Analyst Assessment
#7. Introduction to Cyber Attacks
Taught by Dr. Edward G. Amoroso, this is one of the best ethical hacking courses that teach the baseline understanding of common cyber security threats.
It also covers cyber vulnerabilities and risks. Students will gain practical knowledge of how cyber attacks are constructed and applied to real systems.
Students will learn simple Unix kernel hacks, Internet worms, and Trojan horses in software utilities. It is a beginner level course that can be completed in approximately 19 hours. This ethical hacking course is one course of the 4 in the introduction to cyber security specialization.
The course covers the following:
- Introduction to cyber security
- Understanding basic security frameworks
- Examing cyber threats more closely
- Introducing security risk analysis
#6. Hacking and Pentetsing Android Applications
One of the best ethical hacking courses in 2022 is taught on Udemy.com. It costs $108.98 and teaches students how to pentest Android applications using modern-day pentesting tools and techniques.
You need no prerequisites to enrol for and complete this course. It shed light on security concepts associated with android apps developing Android Programming Language.
The ethical course on Udemy teaches the following:
- Fundamentals of Android Application Penetration Testing
- How to Reverse Engineer Android Apps
- How to patch Android Apps using apktool to bypass SSL Pinning
- Android Application Penetration Testing using the modern day tools and techniques – Good Bye to old school tools
- How to bypass Jailbreak detection in Android Apps using objection
- How to trace crypto calls made by an Android app using Frida
- Mobile App Pentesting to begin your bug bounty journey
- How to use Frida to invoke functions from within the App
#5. Hacking in Practice: Intensive Ethical Hacking Mega Course
This intensive ethical hacking course need a general IT knowledge to get started. Although you need no programming skills needed on IT Sec beginner course.
the course teaches its students how to access protected networks, view encrypted files, accounts, and even steal identities.
It is designed to teach students concepts and the real world tactics that hackers use. With this, you can learn to protect yourself and your network. You can become a certified security specialist if you complete this course which covers the following:
- Security and Hacking Myths Debunked
- Beginner to Advanced IT Security
- Microsoft Windows Threats and WiFi Weaknesses
- Current Black-Hat Threats and Trends
- Designing More Secure Networks
- Encrypted Data, Identify Spoofing, and Windows Authorization
- IT Security Academy Exam Preparation
#4. Hacking Techniques for IT Professionals
You need to finish IT security beginner training before enrolling on this course. Also, you need IT knowledge, programming skills will be useful and basics of Linux systems.
Regardless of skills and expertise, you can benefit a whole lot from this course. This ethical hacking course starts with local networks, talk about protocols and their vulnerabilities.
Students will also learn about IT security current threats and trends. It also teaches popular security myths and is a great part of the training to Network security.
With just $108.98, you will learn the following:
- Become Certified IT Security Professional
- Application attacks and how to prevent them.
- Application security assessment.
- Global management of user software.
- Cryptography and cryptanalysis.
- Symmetric and asymmetric encryption.
- Public key infrastructure management.
- Modelling and classifying threats.
- Managing risk.
- Attack methodologies.
- How to use and deal with social engineering and rogue software.
- Immutable security laws.
#3. LinkedIn Learning- Ethical Hacking Course – Lynda
Lynda-LinkedInlearning offers one of the best ethical hacking courses online. The learning path features around 18 learning contents.
Individuals seeking to enhance their skills and knowledge in ethical hacking should consider this an excellent opportunity.
The course is great for both newbies and experienced professionals. It is taught by industry experts like Malcolm Shore, Lisa Block, Scott Simpson and James Williamson. This ethical hacking course has no prerequisite and can be completed in 26 hours.
The course begins with an introduction to ethical hacking and progresses into footprinting and reconnaissance. Learners will also take classes in the following:
- Kali Linux
- Scanning Networks
- Session Hijacking
- Common threats to systems
- Risk identification
- Reconnaissance and Footprinting, and much more.
#2. Learn Ethical hacking from A-Z Beginner to Expert
If you love to become an elite ethical hacker, this course on Udemy is for you. Individuals who enrol learn how to easily hack networks, computer systems, web apps etc.
It is important you have basic IT skills and knowledge before purchasing this course. You would also need a computer with at least 8GB of RAM, and a Wifi hacking section to get started. Aside from the aforementioned, you do not need any prior experience in hacking or cybersecurity to join this learning path.
It makes it to our top five because it doesn’t just teach you to become a hacker, it also shows you to earn money from ethical hacking.
The course is sold for $108.98 and is designed to cover six main areas which are:
- HOW TO HACK NETWORKS
- HOW TO GAIN ACCESS AND CONNECT TO NETWORKS
- THE FUNDAMENTALS NECESSARY TO BECOME A HACKER
- Learn how to leverage post exploitation
- HOW TO HACK WEBSITES AND WEB APPS
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY, LAND A JOB & BUILD A BRAND AS A HACKER
#1. Learn Ethical Hacking from Scratch
Learning Ethical Hacking from scratch is the best ethical hacking course online. Udemy offers this comprehensive course that is great for newbies.
In fact, you need no knowledge of penetration testing, hacking to get started. All you need to begin is to be focused and committed to your learning path. It is important you have a laptop with at least 4Gb -Linux, Windows, or OS X
Upon completion of this ethical hacking course, you will gain insight into the interaction between the devices bonded with a network.
It is designed in different sections with each section teaching major concepts of hacking. In 14.5 hours, you can complete the course which teaches the following:
- Network penetration testing
- Gaining access
- Post exploitation
- Web application penetration testing
- Kali Linux installation and use
- Linux basics
- Malware analysis
- Discovering and fixing XSS attacks
- Discovering ARP and MITM Spoofing vulnerabilities
- Network Hacking and Penetration Testing.
Best Ethical Hacking Courses FAQs
The most famous hacker is Kevin Mitnick who started his career as a hacker as a teenager in America.
Yes, you can learn hacking from home. There are numerous resources online to help you learn to hack. However, you need or be diligent and show commitment to achieving this feat.
Hackers earn a degree in information security, computer science or any other IT related course.
Yes, Ethical Hacking is a good career. It is one of the best ways to test a network. Their skills make them very desirable to many organizations that intend to keep cybercriminals off their systems.
Most ethical hacking courses require a laptop with at least 8GB RAM. However, you may learn Android penetration testing, how to create and test keyloggers on Android.
White hat is quite a noble profession. Helping organizations keep cybercriminals off their systems is one job description that seems satisfying.
If you have earned a degree in Computer Science or any IT related course, the best Ethical Hacking courses in 2022 will help you start a career and progress in it.
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced learner – read through this piece to find the right course for you.