There’s a saying that goes “Tech is the new oil” and this is true. Technology has evolved a lot from what it was years ago and we can see this in almost everything around us from our smartphones to computers, drones, robotics, automobile, and a lot more, most of which are made possible by a field in tech called programming.
Tech is versatile, and programming is part of it. Many people are becoming programmers, and with the type of competition in the industry, you can’t just study a couple of programming courses and expect to become an expert.
Keep improving your skills to be on the same level as the demands of the industry.
There are lots of educational platforms offering programming certifications, and it could get confusing to select from a lot of programming certifications. That’s why we have written this article to tailor your search to the best programming certifications in the world.
These programming certifications are not only reliable, but you’ll get the value of your money.
As a Programmer, check; Top 10 Linux Certifications In The World | 2022
What Are Programming Certifications?
Programming Certifications are examinations written to validate your skills and experience in the programming field, especially when you’re searching for jobs or working for a potential client.
You Can Check Also: How to Get Google Data Analytics Certifications: Grow With Google 2022
Benefits of Programming Certifications?
There are lots of benefits attached to getting the best programming certifications and they include, it;
- helps in strengthening and developing your programming knowledge
- verifies and validates your knowledge of programming, especially when searching for a job in that field.
- gives you an edge over your colleagues in that field.
- makes potential clients have confidence and trust in your skills
See Also: 20 Best Certifications That Can Land You A Job In 2021
10 Best Programming Certifications in 2022.
Not all certifications provide the same value and programming certifications are not left out. You wouldn’t want to waste your time, effort, and money in getting something that will eventually be of no value to you.
It is advisable that before you get a programming certification, you should carry out thorough research, however; we have made this search easier by compiling the best programming certifications for you.
The following are the best programming certifications in 2022;
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals.
- C&C++ Certifications.
- AWS Certified Developer Associate (AWS CDA).
- Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer (OCAJP).
- Puppet Lab Puppet Developer (PLPD).
- Certified Associate in Python Programming (PCAP).
- Goggle Certified Professional Cloud Architect (GCPCA).
- R Programming Certification.
- CompTIA Security+.
- Cloudera Certified Professional (CCP).
We will be giving you a detailed review of each of these programming certifications along with their benefits, duration, price, format, mode of delivery, and pass mark.
Don’t Fail to Check: Top 15 Quick Certifications That Pay Well In 2022
1. Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
This is one of the popular certifications provided by Microsoft. The tech company offers lots of certifications amongst which is the best programming certifications.
Taking this programming certification with the tech giant and becoming a certified programmer gives you an edge over your peers in the cloud computing industry. This certification is structured for people who are beginners in cloud-based solutions.
Topics covered include cloud concepts, core Azure services, core solutions, and management tools on Azure, identity, governance, privacy, and compliance features, and general security and network security features.
There are no specific requirements necessary for getting programming certifications. Here is some important information about Microsoft Azure:
- The programming certification only costs $99.
- They offer the programming certification in various languages like English, Spanish, French, Chinese, German, Japanese, Italian, etc.
- The program duration is 85mins.
- It comes in a multiple-choice performance-based format.
- They can access it online.
- You’ll require a pass mark of 700 to get your certification, they measure the pass mark on a scale of 100-1000.
- It is not necessary to renew the certification.
Read Also: Easy Certifications you can Get Online in 2021
2. C&C++ Certifications
This is one of the best programming certifications that has existed for years. For this program to be globally recognized, the Pearson VUE and C++ Institute created a niche by providing the first C and C++ certifications in the world.
This programming certification is the C++ Certified Associate Programmer Certification (CPA) and the C Programming Language Certified Associate (CLA).
3. C++ Certified Associate Programmer Certification
This is a professional certificate that measures your ability to successfully perform coding tasks related to the fundamentals of programming in the C++ language as well as fundamental notions and techniques used in object-oriented programming.
Some topics covered under this programming certification includes:
- Basic scalar data types, flow control, operators, streamed inputs and outputs, Conversions.
- Introduction to compiling and software development.
- Data aggregation.
- Object-oriented model and its implementation in C++ language.
- Defining, declaring, and invoking functions, functions overload.
- Defining overload operators, user-defined operators.
- Syntax and semantics of the C++ language.
4. C Programming Language Certified Associate
CLA is another professional programming certification that measures your skills in successfully performing coding tasks related to the basics of programming in the C programming language. Topics covered under this programming certification includes:
- The universal concept of computer programming and developer tools.
- The syntax and semantics of C language and data types offered by the language.
- Flow control.
- Basic scalar types and their operators.
- Files and streams
- The basics of compiling and software development.
- Complex data types, structures, pointers, and arrays.
- Memory management.
- Structuring the code; functions and modules.
There are no requirements needed for you to partake in this certification. Other important information about this programming certification includes, the;
- exam fee for the certification costs $295.
- duration is 65mins.
- passing mark is 70%.
- The certification program is delivered in the English language.
- examination format is single choice multi-choice questions.
- It is not necessary to renew the certification.
3. AWS Certified Developer Associate (AWS CDA).
The AWS Certified Developer Associate is offered to people who have one or two years of hands-on experience building and maintaining an AWS-based solution.
This is one of the best programming certifications provided by Amazon to build and develop your knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
Here you’ll be exposed to the basics of web application development, deployment, and debugging using AWS.
There are no prior requirements needed for you to take this examination. However, you should have an in-depth knowledge of some programming language, knowledge of core AWS services, use of the services API, AWS CLI, and SDKs, fundamental AWS architecture best practices, as well as AWS Shared Responsibility Model, application lifestyle management, ability to identify important features of AWS services, skills needed to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write codes and other relevant skills.
Other important information you need to know includes the;
- examination covers a duration of 130mins.
- certification costs $150.
- exam format is multiple choice or multiple responses.
- exam is offered in languages like English, German, French, Korean, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, and others.
- Certification renewal is every 3 years.
4. Oracle Certified Associate Java Programmer (OCAJP).
This is also one of the best programming certifications provided by Oracle, mainly focused on Java programming. Java is one of the most widely known programming languages today.
The OCA certification is the first step in getting an Oracle certified professional certification, It is an all-purpose, high-level, pure object-oriented programming language developed by sun microsystem now integrated into oracle.
This certification is designed to help you get basic knowledge of Java programming. The program is subdivided into ;
- OCAJP Java Standard Edition 8 (OCAJP8)
- OCAJP Java Standard Edition 11 (OCAJP11)
Here you’ll be introduced to topics like;
- Introduction to Java programming.
- Building and using array.
- Working with Java data types.
- Making use of loop constructs.
- Using decision constructs and operators.
- Working with inheritance, encapsulation, and methods.
- Identifying and using classes and objects.
- Java technology and Java creation environment.
- Handling expectations.
- Understanding modules.
Having an OCAJP gives you the necessary skills and knowledge to become an expert in your chosen field. Other relevant information includes;
- Certification and examination fees cost $245.
- The examination pass mark is 77%.
- The examination lasts for a duration of 150mins.
The exam is offered in languages like English, French, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and a few others.
5. Puppet Lab Puppet Developer (PLPD)
Puppet is one of the programming tools used by web developers to maintain and automate the configuration of servers.
Getting a certification in PLPD is a great way to validate your skills as well as improve your credibility in using Puppet and system management tools developed by Puppet lab.
This programming certification covers topics like fundamentals of Puppet software, environments, troubleshooting, classification, orchestration and tasks, and module authoring.
While there are no requirements for this programming certification, you’ll need to have an idea of how to create basic modules such as data separation and external data sources.
Other relevant information about this certification includes:
- The certification costs $200.
- It lasts for a duration of 1.5hours.
- The exam format is multiple choice.
- The language used is English.
- It can be done online or remotely.
- pass mark is 70% or more.
- The certification renewal is a year and six months.
6. Certified Associate in Python Programming (PCAP)
PCAP is one of the best programming certifications that test your skills in performing coding tasks related to the basics of programming in Python language, fundamental notions, and procedures used in object-oriented programming.
Python is an integrated, all-purpose, and high-level programming language. It is a popular programming language used in data science, machine learning, web development, mathematics, drone system, Al, robotics, etc. It covers topics such as:
- • Fundamentals of Python.
- Data aggregates.
- Data types and operations.
- Exception handling.
- Modules and packages.
- Control and Evaluation.
- Functions and modules.
- Object-oriented programming.
Here is some information you need to know about this programming certification:
- The exam lasts for a duration of 65mins.
- The pass mark is 70%.
- It is delivered by Pearson VUE both remotely and on-site.
- The exam is offered in the English language.
- The exam cost $295.
7. Google Certified Professional Cloud Architect (GCPCA).
Google also provides one of the best programming certifications, which is also one of the most credible and trustworthy certifications. The search giant offers lots of certifications in diverse fields.
Though there are no requirements for this certification, it is expected that you have a minimum experience of 3years in the cloud-based computing field as well as one year of using it to design software solutions.
The programming certification will test your skills in using Google cloud technologies, how you plan a cloud-based architecture, and maintain the cloud solution. It will also test your ability to apply cyber security and confidentiality ethics.
Some relevant information about this certification includes:
- The examination cost $200.
- The exam lasts for 2 hours
- It is offered in both English and Japanese language.
- The exam format is multiple choice.
- And it can be written both online and on-site at a testing center.
- The exam pass mark is 70%.
- Certification renewal is every 2 years.
8. R Programming Certification
R programming is one of the most popular analytics tools. This certification provides you with the necessary knowledge needed to carry out important aspects of data science efficiently.
Getting certified in R programming will validate your skills as a data scientist.
Most topics covered in this certification include:
- Fundamental building blocks in R.
- Control structure.
- Data types in R.
- Dates and Time.
- Coding Standard.
- R profiler.
- Debugging tools.
- Simulating data in R.
The pass mark is 60%, the exam is written online and it lasts for 1hour.
9. CompTIA Security+
CompTIA Security+ is also one of the best programming certifications that is widely known. It helps you develop the skills necessary to perform core security functions ensuring you have a distinguished career in IT security.
If you’re interested in cyber security and you want to become a certified expert, then you should consider this certification. The exam prepares you to handle whatever cyber security issues you might encounter. They regularly updated the certification to meet industry standards.
While there are no prior requirements to get this certification, it is recommended that you have some experience in IT fields, especially in cyber security. Some of the topics covered in this certification are:
• It introduces you to the basics of cyber security using practical industry-related challenges allowing you to get on-the-job experience.
- Risk assessments and management.
- Security control.
- Enterprise networks.
- Incident response.
- Hybrid operations.
You’ll also need to have some idea of the current laws and policies that govern cyber security. Other information about this programming certification are:
- The certification costs $370.
- It lasts for a period of 1.5hours.
- The languages used are English and Japanese.
- It is written remotely.
- The exam format is both multiple-choice and performance-based.
- And the pass mark is 750.
- It can be renewed every 3 years.
10. Cloudera Data Platform
Cloudera is also a programming certification created for people interested in working with large data.
The certification helps in validating your knowledge about Cloudera Data Platform which is a new programming certification launched on Cloudera.
The certification is offered to test your ability in working with the platform through data analysis, system administration, solution development, and more.
There are no prerequisites for this certification but it is recommended you have some knowledge of how to solution development, data analysis, and other relevant topics. Some important information about this programming certification are, the
- The exam is question-based.
- The certification cost $300.
- I can only take the exam online.
- The exam lasts for a duration of 3_4hours.
- The certification is valid for two years.
- It can be renewed every 2 years.
- The languages used are English, French, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, and German.
- The pass mark is 70%.
Are programming certifications worth it?
While employers are more interested in your skills than your certification, these programming certifications will help you get a great job.
Can I retake the exams if I fail them?
Yes, you can keep taking the exams until you finally pass them though not immediately.
How can I land my first programming job without a certification?
The best way to start a career in programming is by building a portfolio.
What is the average salary of a programmer?
The average salary of a programmer is $70,000 per year.
There are a lot of programming certifications globally, but not all of them are recognized as valid.
We have compiled this article to help tailor your search for the best programming certifications which you can select from.
In it, you’ll find the best programming certifications for Java, Python, Data analysis, cloud technologies, or whatever might interest you.